Unable to get it working

Sep 3, 2013 at 2:11 PM
Edited Sep 3, 2013 at 2:12 PM
This appears to do exactly what I need, but I'm having some trouble getting it to work so far. I've got the solution deployed and the web part on the page above the Advanced Search Box (in the same zone). I've tried setting up my own config XML as well as using the example XML provided, but neither appears to affect the Advanced Search Box properties. I had customized several things on in the properties of the search box, so I tried the Search Extension web part on a fresh page with just an unmodified Advanced Search Box. Still no effect. I've tried using both a source list on the same site as the search as well as hard-coded option values in the XML.

From what I can tell, it's like the extension web part isn't seeing the Advanced Search Box. I've tried putting it above the search box as in your examples as well as below the search box, with no change either way.

Has anyone else run into this issue yet?
Sep 14, 2013 at 3:23 AM
I'm not sure what I did to fix it, but apparently I had some issue with my config XML. The solution is working now, and it's fantastic! I love being able to use either hard-coded values OR a SharePoint list for the options.

My next step will be to implement the parent/child relationship structure on a couple of the drop-downs. Big thanks to the project owner Ryan Steller for getting back in touch with me so soon and helping me to resolve the issue.
Dec 2, 2013 at 4:56 AM
JacobWilson wrote:
I'm not sure what I did to fix it, but apparently I had some issue with my config XML. The solution is working now, and it's fantastic! I love being able to use either hard-coded values OR a SharePoint list for the options.

My next step will be to implement the parent/child relationship structure on a couple of the drop-downs. Big thanks to the project owner Ryan Steller for getting back in touch with me so soon and helping me to resolve the issue.
Hi Jacob.

May I ask how did you get this WP working? I have the same problem i.e. tried everything like you did but nothing seems to affect the Advanced Search Box properties. Any info you can share can be of big help. Thanks in advance

Nic